Help a Child/Redeenkind is looking for
Two Trainees based in Bujumbura, Burundi
Help a Child is a Christian, international relief and development organization, founded in 1968 in the Netherlands and operating in Burundi since 2009. Help a Child provides a future for children in need, their family and their entire community. By empowering vulnerable communities, we help them to change their own living conditions and opportunities in a sustainable way. Help a Child works in areas with a high incidence of poverty or in places where children and families are extra vulnerable due to disasters or (imminent) conflicts. Help a Child develops innovative programs, for example about youth & work, child development and the transition of relief help towards sustainable development. We work together with various Dutch, international and local partners. Help a Child works across India, Kenya, Malawi, Burundi, Rwanda, DRC, Uganda and South Sudan.
For more information, please visit?www.helpachild.org
Based on our Traineeship Policy, the trainees will be part of our Innovation and Program development Unit, one of the most important units within Help a Child.
Help a child Burundi in partnership with Red een Kind would like to provide a unique opportunity to two University Graduates (One from the Netherlands and One from Burundi) to put into practice their knowledge acquired during their studies and particularly in their specific areas of competence. The two trainees (graduates) will be introduced to the international humanitarian and development professional world in Burundi. The selected trainees will also acquire practical experience and knowledge of the day-to-day work of Help a Child in Burundi and will work in a multilingual, multicultural environment as they bring expertise, time and knowledge to the Help a Child Burundi Office to enable them to achieve more impact. It is envisaged that Help a Child Burundi will have the benefits from the input of these 2 passionate graduates who will be allowed to bring a fresh perspective and up-to-date knowledge that will in turn contribute to the work of Help a Child in Burundi.
Resource Mobilization, fundraising & Donor Relationship
- Support the Country Director, in developing and managing relationship within country donors. These include key selected embassies, existing and potential partners, foundations.
- Support the innovation and program development unit in developing program ideas that could be used in quality grant proposals through a community based, participatory approach.
- Support in the identification of funding opportunities, listing them and sharing the information with the Country Director.
- Assist with funding proposal writing processes. This involves doing baseline surveys, searching for critical information such as statistics, interviews with key stakeholders, beneficiaries, background information on the themes etc…
- Assist in mobilizing non-financial resources from private sectors entities, individuals and corporate agencies.
- Support in the coordination of processing of agreements in connection with funding opportunities, ensure effective and timely follow-up in terms of submission of reports to the donors, and grant renewal proposals.
- Support in the monitoring donor reporting and grant expenditure deadlines; coordinating with the Country Director and senior management of HaC Burundi in responding to these deadlines while supporting the facilitating and participating in the preparation of quality narrative reports to donors.
- Ensure that fundraising and resource mobilization information are up to date on the HaC Website.
Partnerships, Networking and visibility
- Support the Country Director and Senior Management to strengthen networks in the Help a Child Burundi’s collaboration areas.
- Support the Country Director and Senior Management in strengthening our relationship with the strategic networks and alliances.
- Represent Help a Child Burundi and participate in network and alliance meetings, events and forums at national, regional and international levels.
- Ensure effective information flow and communication with other stakeholders including partners and international teams.
- Initiate and nurture networks and alliances with academia, and research institutions.
- Ensure effective partnerships at all levels as per standard procedures and guidelines of the organization.
- Coordinate and support review of Help a Child Burundi partnerships.
- Ensure follow up of partners after reviews and reflections.
- Undertake all other relevant activities as and when assigned by Help a Child Burundi.
- A University graduate in social sciences, International Development, Development Studies, Political Sciences and any other related qualifications;
- High level of integrity;
- Ability to set and achieve clear objectives and deadlines;
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities and under minimal supervision;
- Results driven and motivated by a sense of performance excellence and urgency;
- Strong communication skills, both verbally and written (including presentation skills). Fluent in English;
- Good analytical skills in developing and implementing resource mobilization strategies;
- Negotiation, communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work effectively in teams;
- Ability to adhere to Help a Child’s Christian Principles and Corporate Values;
- This post will have contact with children and young people. The candidate that will be hired will be required to sign and adhere to the Help a Child Protection Policy. Recruitment is subject to successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks.
We do not pay salary but we offer a lump sum package of:
- For the Dutch trainee
- Housing allowance
- Living allowance
- 2 Way ticket
- In country transport fees
- For the local trainee
- Housing allowance
- Living allowance
- In country transport fees
The trainees cover all others in country costs.
How to apply?
Interested candidates are kindly invited to send a cover letter and resume (both in English) before 02 of November 2022 through this link https://cvselection.net/help-a-child-burundi/7656/
In your cover letter, please reflect on your motivation for wanting to become part of the Help a Child organization. This includes a reflection on Help a Child being a child centred and Christian organization.
For more information, please contact Mr. Hezagira Arsene, HR Manager at email@example.com. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Help a Child expects its staff to behave with integrity; to do no harm and to carefully take into account the rights and interests of others. All staff are required to sign and adhere to the Help a Child’s Code of Conduct and recruitment is subject to successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks.