SPECIAL VACANCY NOTICE
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title: Senior Information Management and Reporting Assistant
SVN No: SVN_ 2022_BI10_01
Duty Station: Bujumbura, Burundi
Classification: General Service Category, G6
Type of Appointment: 6 months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 18 January, 2022
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
The International Organization for Migration (IOM) is committed to the principle that humane and orderly migration benefits migrants and society. As the leading international organization for migration, IOM acts with its partners in the international community to: assist in meeting the growing operational challenges of migration management; advance understanding of migration issues; encourage social and economic development through migration and uphold the human dignity and well-being of migrants.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission, under direct supervision of the Chief Medical Officer, the Information Management and Reporting Assistant will be responsible to perform the following duties.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Supervise the Medical Data Management team in MHAC Burundi.
2. Provide continuous technical trainings on the information management tools to the Medical staffs, mainly but not limited to the Medical Data team.
3. In coordination with the Medical data teams, ensure timely collection and entry of quality and accurate data into various Databases and Information Systems daily including Mimosa, eMedical, Telerad application, etc; and offline local records including tracking spreadsheets.
4. Develop and set up adequate storage and management of hard and soft files/records in MHAC. Assure maintenance of up-to-date records in local and off-line databases (Excel, access, or SQL).
5. Under the guidance of the Chief Migration Health Officer, and in coordination with the regional Data team, and the MHD Global Medical Health Informatics team, Develop and Maintain SOPs and guidelines for different data management tasks related to the Migration Health Assessment (HAP) programs: Data collection, Data entry, Data extraction, Data analysis, and reporting.
6. Develop standard formats for external and internal periodic info-sheets and statistical reports for the HAP programs. And produce periodic reports and info sheets as required by the supervisor.
7. Provide technical advice and guidance into the types of qualitative and quantitative data (key indicators) that should be collected within the HAP applications. Include quantitative and qualitative indicators for process monitoring.
8. Respond to information requests and inquiries. Review, logs and routes incoming correspondence with different stakeholders including IOM regional and global data teams, other IOM missions.
9. Act as data and reports focal point for MHD Burundi in regard to the coordination with Regional and Global parties: Regional MHD hub, Global Migration health informatics, HQ, etc.
10. Develop and improve the data quality control and quality assurance plan (QC/QA). Verify the accuracy of information through reconciliation of data retrieved from different sources; follow up on any discrepancies and confirm corrective action has been taken.
11. Assist in designing, development and maintenance of information management tools and methods for the HAP programs to improve reporting and the daily works tasks.
12. Ensure the proper application of the best practices and the IOM instructions related to the data protection and confidentiality of information.
13. Follow ethics and confidentiality rules to safeguard the interests of the applicants and IOM.
14. Perform such other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree or advance University Degree in Information Technology, software engineering, Database, Computer Science from an accredited academic institution with four years relevant professional experience.
• Diploma/ Secondary school in Information Technology, software engineering, Database, Computer Science from an accredited academic institution with six years relevant professional experience.
• Experience and advance command of the following tools: Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel
• Experience using the following tools: SQL database, Microsoft Power BI or equivalent.
• Experience in systems analysis and development, data modelling and SQL programming;
• Experience in database, web application and Software development is an advantage.
• Ensures application of institutional financial policies and guidelines.
• Advocates incorporation of financial considerations into processes and procedures
• Effectively applies knowledge of relevant financial discipline
• Develops / follows internal control procedures to prevent fraud and mismanagement
• English is required.
• Knowledge of French and Kirundi is an advantage
REQUIRED VALUES AND COMPETENCIES
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
Values - all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
• Inclusion & respect for diversity: Respects and promotes individual and cultural differences. Encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity & transparency: Maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: Demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
• Teamwork: Develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: Produces and delivers quality results in a service oriented and timely manner. Is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: Continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: Takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: Encourages and contributes to clear and open communication. Explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
• Leadership: Provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision. Assists others to realize and develop their potential.
• Empowering others & building trust: Creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
• Strategic thinking & vision: Works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
Internals of the Organization and NMS candidates, as well as external female candidates, will be considered as first-tier candidates. This vacancy is also open to second-tier candidates.
The appointment is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org latest 18 January 2022, 4:30 P.M.
In order for the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, addressed to the Chief of Mission, International Organization for Migration (IOM) and with a subject line “SVN_ 2022_BI10_01 Senior Information Management and Reporting Assistant”
All applications should include a functional e-mail address, mobile numbers, copy of national ID card and detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV).
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
The International Organization for Migration (IOM) does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, process or training). IOM does not concern itself with information on applicants’ bank details.
From 5 January 2022 to 18 January 2022