VACANCY – assistant accounting officer
- Key Responsibilities
- ACCOUNTING FOR MOBILE MONEY TRANSACTIONS
- Prepares trust and banking services accounts reconciliation to Mobiquity, Bank and General Ledger daily.
- Prepares monthly trust account reconciliations and maintain the audit file
- Report reconciling items and ensures resolution within 24 hours.
- Assist the reconciliations of Sasai operational bank accounts
- Receives partner liquidation requests and prepares payments.
- Assist the mobile money accounting offer in resolving reconciling items
- Assist in the posting of supplier and customer invoices to the accounting system
- Assist in performing cash counts and reconciliations in Sasai and Econet shops.
- Compiles & records the revenue statement and reconcile the balance with branches/dealers on all mobile money transactions.
- Circulate daily bank balances by mid-morning
- MOBILE MONEY PAYMENTS, LIQUIDATIONS AND DISBURSEMENTS
- Prepares payments and timely partner disbursements within 48 hours of receipt of request.
- Prepares daily airtime and fee income liquidation
- Assist the processing in the ledger customer invoices and payroll partners funding
- Degree in Business Studies or Related Discipline
- Professional accounting qualification an added advantage
- Post graduate qualifications is an added advantage (CA/CIMA/ACCA/CPA)
- At least 2 years in similar environment or similar
- Knowledge and Skills
- Computer literate and proficient with spreadsheet packages as well as business modelling tools
- Highly proven negotiating skills
- Understanding of financial and management accounting principles and disciplines.
- Good analytical, conceptual and diagnostic skills
- Good coordination, motivational and interpersonal skills
- Computer literacy and proficiency including spreadsheets and accounting software.
- Ability to work under pressure wit minimum supervision in highly dynamic market conditions.
- Knowledge of Oracle EBS, is an added advantage.
Please apply via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or bring your application to HR department, clearly indicating the position being applied for in the subject area. Closing date for all applications is Wednesday, 01st June 2022 at 5PM.
Please note only short listed applicants will be responded to.