JOB VACANCY POSITION
|TITLE: Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Manager|
The MEAL Manager will be responsible for providing leadership in developing and implementing a MEAL framework ensuring that WRB has functional MEAL systems that enable tracking and documenting results. The role will will be key in establishing and promoting programme quality and innovation through developing and improving monitoring, evaluation, impact assessment and learning methodologies; capacity building, technical advice and knowledge sharing. The MEAL Manager will thus work with all programmes and MEAL staff to incorporate innovation, best practices, and lessons learned for improvement of programme quality.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Director of Programmes
Direct repartees: M & E Assistants x3
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Provide strategic leadership to MEAL activities, developing and delivering the MEAL component of the strategic and annual plans and reports
Establish and promote the use of M&E systems to ensure that WRB:
o is informed on the extent to which programme activities are affecting the lives of the targeted populations
o generates and shares evidence-based knowledge on the positive and negative impact that our programme interventions are having over the communities where WRB works
o receives feedback from our staff, partners, programme participants, and that feedback effectively informs and signals areas where strategic attention is required
Program design and quality
· Lead the development and implementation of a MEAL Strategy for WRB ensuring that there are systems, structures and capacity to meet all MEAL deliverables
· Lead on implementation and integration of results and quality monitoring systems at various levels of programme implementation
· Lead and facilitate implementation of a data management approach that ensures access and utilization of data for decision-making, accountability and continuous improvement of our programming
· Lead and foster learning based on best practices, lessons and feedback captured from programme participants to influence and guide the design and implementation of programmes.
· Ensure smooth integration of programme quality and accountability into programmes work
Assessment, monitoring and evaluation
· Lead on measuring achievement and progress toward program goals and results and share the information with relevant staff to ensure high standard of programming
Ensure that all projects/programs fully integrate MEAL with robust monitoring plans, data collections tools, baselines, evaluations, quality benchmarks and accountability systems
· Lead in the management of information systems, such as the development of required formats, key indicators, needs assessments and frameworks for evaluation
· Coordinate external program/project evaluations and strategic research, identifying and coordinating resources required to enable the evaluations
· Manage the dissemination of results from evaluations and other research to different audiences using appropriate channels/methodology such as briefers, written reports, bulletins and presentations
· Ensure accountability systems are established engaging beneficiaries and stakeholders in evaluations, impact assessments and research
Knowledge management and learning
· Develop frameworks to integrate impact assessment, learning and knowledge management into the programme and project cycle; including developing and improving frameworks for regular project/programme reviews and participatory impact assessments.
· Work with M & E Assistants and other Managers in Programs to define a learning agenda and implement mechanisms that allow reflection and learning between and cross teams.
· Coordinate programme research, including the collection and analysis of data
· Provide evidence-based information and analysis to enable staff engaging in relevant foras
· Contribute to actively disseminating and communicating programme findings and research outcomes widely – to Government, donors and other humanitarian and development actors
· Bring together data and findings from across projects to form a coherent basis for analysis of programme performance and impact to promote learning
Planning and reporting
· Working with senior management, project managers, and other departments, coordinate the strategic and annual country planning and reporting processes ensuring a participatory process
· Manage reportees; define expectations, provide leadership and technical support as needed, and evaluate direct reports regularly
· Ensure the recruitment, training, and promotion of staff as appropriate and ensure availability of appropriate professional development opportunities for staff
· Manage the performance of all reportees through:
· Effective use of the performance management system including establishment of measureable objectives, periodic reviews and fair and unbiased evaluations;
· Coaching, mentoring and other developmental opportunities;
· Recognition and rewards for outstanding performance;
· Documentation of performance that is less than satisfactory, with appropriate performance improvements/ work plans
· Bachelors degree in development studies, social sciences, economics, public administration, project management, statistics or any relevant field.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
· 5 years at senior officer level; or 3 years at manager level in a busy organisation preferably an INGO
· Significant experience working in MEAL roles, preferably with solid experience in more than one of priority sectors: education and skills development, agriculture and livelihoods, health and nutrition
· Experience of working on all elements of MEAL including designing, rolling out and managing systems
· Experience of securing resources from donors for MEAL activities/staffing and budget management
· Knowledge and experience in MEAL related technologies
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
• The Example of Jesus
• The Local Church
• Excellence and Continuous Improvement
Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates should send an application that comprises of a letter of motivation, Curriculum Vitae, a certified copy of a degree and recommendation letter from his/her spiritual leader with contact of two references to the Country Director of World Relief Burundi by June 15, 2022 at WRB Office: Bujumbura, quartier INSS, Avenue d’Italie No. 16
Note: World Relief reserves the right to cancel the offer before, during and after the recruitment process.