COUNTRY MANAGER – BURUNDI
An exciting opportunity has arisen for dynamic, passionate and results driven individuals to join the Programs pillar which is involved in the full implementation of Higherlife Foundation (HLF) programming work in Education, Global Health, Rural Transformation and Sustainable livelihoods in Burundi.
The incumbent will be reporting to the Region
- Development of country office Business Plan
- Development of country office Annual Budget.
- Development of OKR performance contracts for Country Office staff.
- Preparation of Board Reports
- Facilitate recruitment of students onto the scholarship programme and ensure optimal students are supported.
- Monitor the processing and payment of school fees and pay-outs for HLF Fellows.
- Monitor and approve the flagging of academically gifted students from the Country Office and link them with other opportunities within & outside HLF.
- Facilitate the training of students and educators in ICT
- Create & facilitate mentorship of HLF fellows through Leadership & Lifelong Development.
- Facilitate the participation of HLF Fellows on Young and Dynamic platform
- Support all programming from other support pillars (Global Health, Rural Transformation and Sustainable Livelihoods, Faith and Development)
- Ensure cost efficiencies through budget monitoring
- Ensure adherence to organizational and Finance and Administration policies and procedures
- Ensure timeous submission of monthly reconciliation and requests
- Ensure continuous update of students’ information database in the ERP\
- Prepares monitoring and evaluation report for each of the ancillary support provided working in collaboration with the Monitoring and Evaluation department
- Embraces and inculcates HLF shared values at all levels within the Country Office team. Conducts performance evaluation as per stipulated evaluation schedules.
- Define required training and up-skilling of the team in relation to the systems and processes required in bringing success to the team's work
- Build organizational image and participate in Country stakeholder meetings.
- Attend stakeholder meetings at country level.
- Regular communication with the C.E.O to ensure strategic alignment and involvement in HLF Programs
- Conduct research to stay current with the 21st Century top notch skills.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Business Studies or equivalent.
- Possession of an MBA or equivalent an added advantage.
- 4-6 years’ post graduate experience in a Basic/Tertiary education environment.
- Good communication, report writing, financial analysis and presentation skills.
- Good analytical and change management skills.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Packages and knowledge of SPSS.
- Must have working knowledge of online training or learning management systems.
- Clean Class 4 Drivers licence an added advantage.
- Click Job Application Form to start the application process
- Go to email@example.com to submit your cv and relevant documents
Closing date for all applications is 16 June 2022
Please note that only short-listed applicants will be responded to.